Goals of Kitchen Remodel
1. Mitigate health and safety hazards.
- Inadequate refrigeration > food spoilage and food poisoning
- Open kitchen and holes in floor > fly problem, food contamination
- Uneven floor > accessibility problems, trip hazard
- People coming into the kitchen for hot water > accidents, cranky cooks
2. Repair structural problems.
- Rot under sinks
- Roof leaks
3. Improve kitchen functionality and flow.
- Small low-pressure propane tanks > run out frequently, not good for stoves
- Stoves are old and crotchety > burners don’t work, ovens take forever
- Inadequate dry storage > rodent attraction
4. Improve traffic flow.
- Narrow aisles on either side of food tables
- Traffic jam around coffee and snack areas
- Piles of people’s stuff at entrance
Edited by mugwort on Apr 14, 2011 9:23 am